You Cannot Lead Effectively until you can Lead Yourself? (read on or watch the video)
“To be an Effective Leader you Need to Understand and Manage Yourself Well.” Rasmus Hougaard famously said.
3 SKILLS OF THE WORLD’S TOP LEADERS*
Top leaders take care of themselves. They receive adequate sleep. They exercise. They have a healthy diet. Perhaps ALL of which are a bit Too much to ask in the Hospitality Industry.
But, if a Leader is to work hard; they must look after themselves. Self-leadership is the beginning of leadership.
3 Surprising Skills of the World’s Top Leaders:
Too much of the time we have our minds are wandering. To be successful you must focus your wandering mind.
- Focus on the task at hand.
- Practice Self-Awareness. You must focus on yourself in order to Manage your Leadership.
Practice self-confident selflessness. Don’t be a doormat. Selfless leaders:
- Practise Humility: Realize you are one of many.
- Practise Gratitude: A natural out-flowing of humility.
At the end of the day write down the names of three people who contributed to your success. Give them a call or write them a note.
Top leaders believe compassion is extremely important to their success. Practice compassion:
- Show up to advantage others.
- Do hard things with kindness.
Choose to BE GOOD and to DO GOOD.
What do you see top leaders practising in your Hotel?
*Research Reported in Harvard Business Review.