Hotel Manager Tip No. 1 : Gradually shift your mental focus …… (please read on or watch the video)
6 Reasons Hotel Employees DON’T TALK to their Hotel Managers.
- Hotels can have a Cold Professional Culture. Caring happens outside Hotels.
- Hotel Managers are too Talkative.
- Curiosity about Hotel Employees is rare.
- Intimidating Hotels. What’s in your Department that shouts, “Let’s have a conversation?”
- Hospitality Business Environments. Hotels value results over relationships.
- Insecure Hotel Managers. When Hotel Managers are uncomfortable, everyone around them is uncomfortable.
Successful Hotel Managers have discussions with their staff. Talking points for a successful one-on-one at work:
Imagine your best day at work. What are you doing? Not doing? If your best day at work is a 10, how would you rate your typical day? How could I help? (Only ask this question if you are prepared to help or to find someone who can.)
Choose one of the following questions at the end of your one-on-one.
- How might our next one-on-one be a little better than this one?
- If I was a better Hotel Manager – what would be true?